The JLC is accepting applications for our Public Affairs internship.
The Jewish Leadership Council (JLC) comprises the heads of the major institutions in each sector of UK Jewish life together with individual communal leaders. The Council exists to strengthen the major institutions of British Jewry, to promote cooperation between them and to articulate a confident and compelling narrative of Jewish life in the United Kingdom.
The mission of the JLC is to:
1. Enhance the effectiveness of communal political representation, advocacy and relations with Government.
2. To influence communal strategic priorities.
3. To demonstrate the community’s desire for greater strategic coordination and cooperation.
Qualifications and Skills required:
• Knowledge of and a keen interest in British politics
• Understanding of the British Jewish community and its various institutions
• Knowledge of and a keen understanding of the issues facing the British Jewish community, both domestic and international
• Excellent communication, both written and oral
• Excellent research skills
• Experience of working with social media IT skills, especially Excel and Word
The scope of the role will also include:
• The research and creation of briefing documents
• Stakeholder engagement
• Parliamentary liaison
• Campaign work
The position is an exciting opportunity to support the political work of a key communal body, and is ideal for someone with a passion for the Jewish community and who is looking for an internship of a minimum two months.
We welcome applications and will be interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis. Please send a curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.