The Board of Partnerships for Jewish Schools (PaJeS), a division of the Jewish Leadership Council, (“JLC”) is pleased to announce the appointment of David Meyer as Executive Director of PaJeS starting 5 January 2015. David is currently Executive Headteacher at Hasmonean High School.
Jonathan Goldstein, Chair of PaJeS, commented:
We are delighted to have attracted someone of Rabbi Meyer’s undoubted quality to this role. His seniority, experience and wisdom will be vital in guiding PaJeS through the next stage of its development and most importantly in providing strategic support, direction and services to Jewish schools across the entire spectrum of our vibrant community.
David Meyer commented:
I am enormously excited to have the opportunity to play this strategic leadership role in supporting the schools of our community. At a time when our schools face so many challenges, I look forward to taking on the responsibilities of Executive Director of PaJeS and ensure we work together to protect our interests and facilitate the very best provision for our children.
Notes for Editors:
1. The Jewish Leadership Council is an umbrella body for Jewish Community institutions. The Council elects a Board of
Trustees. The JLC’s role is to address the strategic challenges of the community and to work in close partnership with its member organisations.
2. PaJeS has three key operational statements:
– Teaching and learning are at the heart: we need to attract the best teachers, train them well and ensure they have exciting and challenging resources to respond to the needs of all pupils.
– Collaboration is essential: we need to share expertise and resources while allowing for the specific needs of our wide-ranging community.
– Schools are partnerships: our services will be for governors, parents and support staff as well as for teachers and school leadership.
3. Rabbi Meyer was appointed Executive Headteacher of Hasmonean in September 2009, after having been Head of the Boys’ School. He has qualifications in Jewish Studies and Education and an MBA in Marketing. At Hasmonean, he founded the Department for Informal Jewish Education and devised and implemented the Sixth Form Jewish Studies Programme. He is the Rabbinical Director of the Jewish Association for Business Ethics, and co-authored the Money & Morals curriculum. He was a senior lecturer on the Aish Hatorah Discovery seminar, has developed curricula for Yad Vashem and directed the Israel Fellowships programme. He is a regular international guest speaker.
For more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org