BICOM, the Britain Israel Communications & Research Centre, is an independent British organisation dedicated to creating a more supportive environment for Israel in Britain. It does this by trying to create a more complete understanding of Israel and its situation. BICOM believes in the right of the State of Israel to live in peace and security, as well as in the rights of the Palestinians to statehood. It supports a close relationship between Britain and Israel, based on shared values and interests. BICOM pursues its objectives through a range of activities:
- Providing daily, expert news summary and analysis of events in Israel and the region through our online publications.
- Taking British journalists, opinion formers and policy makers to Israel and the Palestinian territories to learn about the issues first-hand.
- Bringing analysts, journalists and politicians from the region to Britain, to share their insights with their British counterparts.
- Promoting a balanced discourse about Israel in the British media by creating opportunities for a wide range of voices to be heard.
- Organising events and seminars in the UK aimed at deepening the discussion about Israel in Britain.
- Engaging in dialogue with British opinion formers, policy makers and the media on issues of importance to Israel and the Britain-Israel relationship.
- Providing resources to individuals and organisations in Britain who share BICOM’s agenda to promote a better understanding of Israel.
Updates about BICOM
JLC Head of Policy & Research Claudia Mendoza describes the second issue of BICOM’s free quarterly journal, Fathom. Combining the authority of the old-school journal with the accessibility provided by modern technology, Fathom has quickly become a must read for anyone interested in Israel and the region. In this edition, highlights include an interview with […]
In November BICOM (Britain Israel Communications and Research Centre) launched “Fathom: for a deeper understanding of Israel and the region“, a free quarterly journal, website and iPad app to open a new front in the fight against this simplistic and demonizing discourse and respond to a series of key intellectual challenges which we believe pose […]
Last week, a group of Jewish community activists led by BICOM and the JLC returned from the biggest event in the pro-Israel community’s calendar; the AIPAC Policy Conference in Washington. For those of us who had been before, AIPAC’s vastness is notorious. But even by AIPAC standards, this year was what can only be described […]