The aim of JW3 is to transform the Jewish landscape in London by helping to create a vibrant, diverse and proud community, inspired by and engaged in Jewish arts, culture and community.
The size of our ambition is reflected both in the scale and elegance of our new building and in the creativity and energy of our programme.
The role of JW3 is to offer outstanding events, activities, classes and courses that:
- Increase the quality, variety and volume of Jewish conversation in London and beyond;
- Reflect the diversity of our community;
- Bring all Jews together, wherever (or whether) they place themselves on the religious spectrum and are open and accessible to the widest range of people.
OUR CORE PRINCIPLES
Inclusiveness, encouraging greater understanding between sections of the community or different faiths, and community revitalisation are core principles for JW3.
- We seek to be a home for all who are interested in Jewish life – a warm, welcoming venue, a truly inviting space, in which to gather, feel comfortable, meet people, and feel at home.
- We want JW3 to promote the best of Jewish values and to create better understanding between different strands of the Jewish community, and between Jews and different faiths, communities and cultures.
- We want JW3 to have an impact not just beyond its walls but beyond the here and now by becoming a revitalising community hub. And by doing so, bring added confidence to British Jewry, filling it with a fresh sense of unity, focus and purpose.
Updates about the JCC:
1. What motivates you to be involved in communal life? My greatest hope is that the new Jewish Community Centre, JW3, will unite the community. I got involved with the JCC for London specifically because I see that it has the potential to fundamentally transform the Jewish landscape by bringing the entire community together in […]
Debbie Klein, the JLC’s newest member, said: I am delighted to join the JLC in my capacity as chairman of the JCC for London. A comparatively new organisation by the standards of many represented on the Council, the JCC has grown quickly to establish its reputation at the cutting edge of inclusive community programming. I […]