The Jewish Leadership Council:
- Is an umbrella body for the Jewish Community
- Seeks to address the strategic challenges for the community and as a result houses and provides resources to but does not incorporate into its core budget the following core communal initiatives: Partnership for Jewish Schools (PAJES); Lead.
- In achieving the objectives set out below, it works closely and in partnership with other member organisations and is strives to achieve those objectives through its members where appropriate.
The JLC will concentrate over the next three years on achieving and delivering the following objectives. We will report against these objectives to the Trustees every month and the Council of Membership every quarter, and will measure performance against these objectives every 6 months. It is also intended to review and update the objectives on a six monthly basis.
Over the next three years the JLC will concentrate on achieving and delivering the following objectives (please click on each objective to learn more):
- Strategic future planning on community funding and organisational structure.
- Facilitate community strategic planning and policy on the Social Care, Health, Wellbeing and Welfare needs of the community.
- Provide strategic planning and support for Jewish schools and education provision – This will be achieved through PaJeS.
- Developing and inspiring community leaders – This will be achieved through Lead.
- Coordinate activities which help to deepen affiliation with Jewish life.
- Coordinate the community response to crisis.
- Facilitate appropriate community response and action when Israel related issues impact upon the UK Jewish community.
- Coordinate appropriate community political response and engagement.
The JLC also runs and supports a number of ongoing initiatives, which you can find out about on our initiatives page.
Additionally, we sometimes organise and run events for the Jewish community.