The Jewish Leadership Council is:
- Is an umbrella body for the Jewish Community
- Seeks to address the strategic challenges for the community and as a result houses and provides resources to the following core communal initiatives: Partnership for Jewish Schools (PaJeS); Lead.
- It works closely and in partnership with other member organisations and it strives to achieve those objectives through its members where appropriate.
Over the next three years the JLC will concentrate on achieving and delivering the following objectives:
- Strategic future planning on community funding and organisational structure
- Facilitate community strategic planning and policy on the Social Care, Health, Wellbeing and Welfare needs of the community.
- Provide strategic planning and support for Jewish schools and education provision – This will be achieved through PaJeS.
- Developing and inspiring community leaders – This will be achieved through Lead.
- Coordinate activities which help to deepen affiliation with Jewish life.
- Coordinate the community response to crisis.
- Facilitate appropriate community response and action when Israel related issues impact upon the UK Jewish community.
- Coordinate appropriate community political response and engagement.
The JLC also runs and supports a number of ongoing initiatives, which you can find out about on our initiatives page.
Additionally, we sometimes organise and run events for the Jewish community.