JVN spreads over a variety of areas and runs a range of programmes to achieve its goals.
Click here to read about our mission, vision and values.
Our services for volunteers
At JVN, volunteers come first. We treat everyone who comes to us as an individual and help to find them a volunteering opportunity that suits their interests, skills and availability. This is made possible by:
- Our extensive database of opportunities housed on our website and mobile app
- Bespoke one-to-one support
- The JVN Ad Hoc Squad
- Our Supported Volunteering Programme (in partnership with the Barnet Wellbeing Hub)
- Our Turning Point Project (in partnership with the Metropolitan Police)
- Our events and training programmes for volunteers.
Our services for organisations
Any organisation with a registered charity number or that sits under the auspices of another a body with a registered charity number can promote their opportunities for volunteers with us.
If you represent a registered charity and wish to make use of our services, please click here to find out more about how to promote your volunteering opportunities with us and our levels of Membership and benefits.
In addition to our Membership benefits, we also offer a range of other services for organisations:
- Training and support for volunteer managers to help with professional development
- The JVN Trustee Connection Service
- A bespoke Board Building Framework for charity governance (in partnership with Lead)
- Useful links and resources
- A programme of activities in Volunteers’ Week, for which we invite other organisations to join us
- The only Volunteering Awards for the Jewish community, held annually
Collaboration with other organisations
We partner and work with a range of Jewish and non-Jewish organisations to ensure that our programmes are high-impact and at the forefront of the voluntary sector. We are also grateful to the funding bodies that make our programmes sustainable.
Click here to read more about our partners, supporters and funders.
As part of our commitment to improving the efficiency of the voluntary sector and the experiences of volunteers, JVN undertakes periodical research and produces reports.