Mark Adlestone is Chairman of Beaverbrooks the Jewellers. Mark joined the Company in 1979, became Joint Managing Director in 1990, sole Managing Director in 2000 and Chairman in 2012. Beaverbrooks currently have 69 stores nationwide, trading in the middle to upper market, stocking watch brands such as Omega, Breitling, TAG Heuer, Tudor, Bremont and Longines.
- Since 2004 to present day, Beaverbrooks have been in the top twenty in the Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’, coming 1st in 2009.
- In 2008 Mark was awarded the Sunday Times ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ and came 1st in the ‘Leadership’ category in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2015.
- Beaverbrooks were awarded HM Government Payroll Giving ‘Platinum Award’ in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016.
- Founding partners of new Geared for Giving Campaign.
- In the UK Jewellery Awards Beaverbrooks were awarded Employer of the Year in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2016.
Beaverbrooks is particularly proud of its very special Culture that encourages its colleagues to communicate in an open and honest way. The Company has a very strong emphasis on charity and community and donates 20% of its net profit annually. Beaverbrooks is very keen to expose all its colleagues to the concept of charitable involvement and volunteering and therefore gives each person 2 days per year of paid time to work for a charity of their choice.
Since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks have donated more than £11 million to over 400 charities.
Mark oversaw the merger of The Fed (Jewish Social Care in Greater Manchester) and Heathlands Village (Residential Jewish Care Home in Prestwich, Manchester). He became Chairman of the newly formed entity now known as THE FED in November 2009.
Mark is also Hon Life President of Eshel UK Friends of Colel Chabad (Humanitarian Aid in Israel).
He is a Governor of Withington Girls’ School.
He is a council member of the Jewish Leadership Council.
Honorary member of The National Association of Jewellers.
In October 2015 Mark was presented with the OBE by HM The Queen at Buckingham Palace for ‘Services to Business and Charity in the North of England’.
In March 2017 Mark was appointed as a Deputy Lieutenant of Greater Manchester.
Hobbies & Interests: include sport, music, and theatre. He plays squash, enjoys running, swimming and cycling and keeps fit in the gym. Mark loves watching sport and in particular his beloved Blackpool F.C. Mark is also a big collector of music and has over 2,500 albums and more than 450 vinyl singles. He enjoys live concerts and theatre.
Children: Married to Gabrielle for 27 years, Mark has three beautiful daughters – Tara 24, Chloe 23, and Libby 15.