Support the JLC
The Jewish Leadership Council [JLC]’s vision is a UK Jewish community with diverse, effective, and sustainable leadership driving innovative and impactful organisations securing our community’s future.
Our mission is to support development and excellence in our member organisations, challenging them to lead the way in sustaining, building and celebrating vibrant Jewish communities across the UK.
We listen to, support and enable our members to collaborate, connect and coordinate their work across the UK Jewish community. We champion the collective voice of our organisations. We bring together almost 40 of the largest communal organisations and some organisations specialising in particular areas of communal life.
In the last three months the JLC has:
- Raised over £2m in emergency funds for families facing abrupt financial difficulties and frontline social care charities facing unprecedented increased costs during the pandemic
- Convened over 250 community leaders facilitating support and sharing of response to the coronavirus outbreak and economic crisis
- Established a community portal collating advice, resources and access to communal life online, in one place, for everyone across the Jewish community
In the last three years, the JLC has:
- Led the communal response to rising antisemitism, alongside our members the CST and Board of Deputies, including organising the Enough is Enough demonstration
- Initiated the Community Wellbeing Project, piloting a proactive school wide approach to promoting positive wellbeing and mental health in an initial group of five primary and three secondary schools in Hertfordshire, London and Manchester
- Employed three regional directors working from Leeds, Manchester and Scotland, supporting dozens of local Jewish communities and working alongside regional representative councils and local MPs and metro mayors to protect and promote Jewish life
Our division Lead develops leaders with ambition, ability and authenticity to lead our vibrant Jewish community. Lead delivers the Adam Science Foundation Course and Leadership programme, the Dangor Senior Leadership Programme, Leading Jewishly and Jewish Communal Trustees Conference (in partnership with JVN).
The Partnership for Jewish Schools [PaJeS], a division of the JLC, provides services and support to Jewish schools from across the whole UK Jewish community. PaJeS develop curriculum, train teachers and school leaders, and coordinate communal strategy on Jewish schools, including school provision planning and the Find a Jewish School website.
The JLC partners with UJIA on Reshet, the network for Jewish Youth Provision. Reshet facilitates training and development opportunities, strategic planning and is the leading communal agency providing policy, guidance and support on Safeguarding.
If you would prefer to make a donation via cheque, charity voucher or bank transfer, please contact Laurence Rosenthal.