UK Parliament Week is an annual festival that engages people from across the UK with Parliament, explores what it means to them and empowers them to get involved.
There is something for everyone: whether you attend or organise an event. You can also take part in the online conversation using the hashtag #UKPW18.
Organisations across the UK run events and activities throughout UK Parliament Week which explore what the UK Parliament means to them and their community.
The Jewish Leadership Council (JLC) is delighted to partner with Parliament Week.
As the umbrella body for the 35 most significant Jewish organisations in the UK, the JLC plays a central role representing the Jewish community and facilitating its engagement with government, parliamentarians and wider society on a range of issues including social care, education and students, safety and security, social action and more. We work across the country, through our members, regional representative councils and across all denominations of Judaism to ensure the interests of our community are promoted.
As a minority, democracy and equality are important to our community and actively participating in Britain’s political processes is essential. Voicing one’s opinion, engaging with one’s local MP and councillors, and involving oneself in the public policy discourse are vital.
For those not regularly engaged in politics, it can sometimes be difficult to know how to get involved, so campaigns such as Parliament week, which make politics more accessible and easier to understand, are very important in promoting civic engagement.
I look forward to the JLC working with UK Parliament through resources and events to help our community, and the wider pubic, play a greater role in British political life.
Jonathan Goldstein, Chair, Jewish Leadership Council
You can download the Jewish resource booklet for Parliament week here.
Your UK Parliament Week Kit
There are 10,000 UK Parliament Week partners’ kits to give away once you’ve registered your event or activity. Your kit includes:
- A booklet with a wide range of activities for you to use at your event
- A ballot box so you can run your own mock elections, or vote on a debate!
- Bunting so you can decorate in true UK Parliament Week style
- Posters to help you promote your event
- UK Parliament Week pin badges for you to wear so everyone knows you’re taking part.
- Your very own UK Parliament Week placard – take pictures with your placard and share on social media to show off your activities!
- And last but not least – our new Votes for Women sash, to get you in the Vote 100 spirit!
Register your UK Parliament Week event or activity now.